A love for ones mother or a mother’s love for her children is like no other. Sometimes it’s often hard to capture that love into words. And since Mother’s Day is a time where we celebrate moms of all kinds, I wanted to share some wonderful Mom quotes that I think best describe motherhood and being a mother.
There are so many mom quotes out there: funny ones, short ones, religious ones, etc. Instead of a very long list of many quotes about moms and motherhood, I thought I’d pick just 10 great ones!
10 BEST MOM QUOTES FOR MOTHER’S DAY
I’ve listed below some of the best mom quotes below. They sum up different aspects of motherhood. And I explain why they are my favorites and what they mean to me.
[post contains affiliate links; if you click-through and make a purchase I may be compensated.]
1. “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” -Unknown
I love this quote because mothers are often our first friends. They teach us kindness and show us unconditional love. They have fun and play games with us.
Many of them make the best of friends because they are loyal and stick by us throughout our lives– coaching us, supporting us and cheering us on. They are there to share in the happy times as well as support us through the difficult ones.
2. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you never knew you had . . . and dealing with fears you never knew existed.” -Linda Wooten
I think so many of us can relate to this quote. There is no learning curve or transition into motherhood. You are thrown into motherhood and go through what seems like a “boot camp”–learning to care for a newborn while getting used to living off of so little sleep. Not to mention all the other changes that come along for new moms.
But that weight and responsibility of motherhood grows a new strength in you that you never knew you were capable of having. You learn about yourself and the lengths you’ll go for your child’s happiness and well being.
And on the other hand you realize your most precious possessions are the ones you fear losing the most.
You want to protect your kids at all cost. So from the time they are born, there is always a set of worries, and as they grow, new worries arise. The fears that arise inside us are from not being able to protect them from things beyond our control in this world.
- The Most Simple + Relaxing Self Care Ideas for Exhausted Moms
- How to Make New Friends as a Stay-At-Home-Mom
- 30+ Awesome Money Saving Tips SAHM’s will Love
3. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” -Unknown
A mother’s impact on her children last a lifetime. She holds their hands while they are young and learning. They hold their little ones’ hands crossing streets, going for walks, or when they’re scared.
And as these children grow, they don’t need to physically hold their mothers hands as often.
But mothers touch the lives of their children with their lasting love in a way that forever leaves an imprint on their children’s hearts. Children don’t forget their mother’s loving way, gentle touch and happy memories. They hold their moms in their hearts forever.
4. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” -Jill Churchill
We all want what is best for our children. And we love our children to no end. From the time we are pregnant we want to have everything ready for their arrival, buy all the right baby products and supplies, and be the best parents.
But there are no perfect people, and there definitely aren’t perfect parents. We are human. And there isn’t one “right” way to parent. If we love our children, and do all we can to protect and care for them, then we are good mothers.
5. “If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do matters very much.” -Jackie Kennedy
Since I first read this quote, it has stuck with me. It really explains how important your role is as a mother. The responsibility of raising healthy, happy well functioning adults is a huge weight and no easy feat. But done well, can be the greatest accomplishment to be proud of. I like this quote because it reminds me to keep focus of what is truly important and to remember the importance and sacredness of the role of motherhood.
- 10 Things I’ve learned Having a Second Child
- Songs for a Fun Dance Party with Your Kids
- Super Easy Crock Pot Recipes To Save You Time in the Kitchen
6. “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears. ” -Kate Winslet
When becoming a mother, thinking about my child and wanting what was best for them brought about a clear focus on what was truly important to me. A lot of things that mattered to me before, now seemed insignificant. Motherhood has made me a better person.
7. “There is nothing as powerful as mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul.” -Unknown
The love one feels for their child is immeasurable. You can’t imagine it until you experience it. Being a mom has been one of the greatest joys and experiences in my life. And that love knows no boundaries–it’s truly powerful.
I also noticed after becoming a mom, that my children brought so much joy and happiness into my life, that they eased other sorrows and sadness in it. No matter what happens or is going on in the world, if they are healthy and happy, everything else is put into perspective.
8. “A mother’s love endures through all.” -Washington Irving
There is no end to a mother’s love for her children. I always tell my kids that there’s nothing they could do for me not to love them. No matter what, I am here for them. Always.
9. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” -Rudyard Kipling
I thought this was such a sweet quote. Mothers are usually the main source of guidance, support, and unconditional love in the lives of their precious innocent children. They give their kids a sense of security, safety and are a rock of strength throughout their lives.
10. “A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” -Unknown
I could hug my children all day if I could. And there is no better feeling than having their little arms wrapped around my neck. And I think the feeling of love we instill in our kids will stick with them for their lifetime. It will allow them to always feel that “hug” or love we have for them . . . forever.
Which quote did you like the best? Or do you have other favorite mom quotes you’d like to share in the comments? I’d love to hear them!
If you enjoyed these quotes and found this article helpful, I’d love for you to leave a comment, share the post, or pin from it. Thanks for being here, friend!
XO Meatball Mom
PIN IT FOR LATER
- 9 Ways to Wear SPANX Faux Leather Leggings
- Winter Gift Ideas for Spoiling your Mom and Mother-in-Law
- Awesome Activities for Kids You Need to Get from Amazon Prime
- Useful Potty Training Tips for Parents Getting Started
- What You Need to Know about Disney Plus