I recently purchased SPANX Faux Leather Leggings and I had to share the details with you!
Figuring out how to style leather, or even faux leather leggings might seem intimidating. But these faux leather leggings don’t have to be reserved for a fancy night out on the town.
I reviewed the leggings for you below. PLUS! I’ve styled them 9 different ways—the looks range from casual to dressy. I’ve also included different ways to accessorize them, along with 4 types of shoes you can wear with your faux leather leggings.
[Post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase I may receive a small commision at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.]
SPANX Faux Leather Leggings REVIEW:
Type of SPANX leggings I purchased:
I purchased a best seller, the faux leather leggings in black. After reading the size guide and inseam length, I ordered them in small petite since I’m shorter and don’t like leggings bunching a lot at the bottom. (For reference I am 120 lbs, 5’3″ and usually wear a size 2/4 or size small, depending on the brand of clothing.)
Why I bought SPANX faux leather leggings:
- You had me at high-waisted. After having 2 children, my post baby belly needs all the support it can get. While I workout regularly too, my SPANX pieces (high waisted leggings in particular) are one of my post baby body wardrobe secrets. High waisted leggings are a mom BFF (Alexa is a pretty awesome one too!)
- I’ve been a big fan of the SPANX brand even before I had kids. I already owned several pieces of SPANX shapewear and swimwear. Not to mention they have great customer service and your online deliveries arrive in the cutest packages!
- Seeing pics of SPANX faux leather leggings all over Instagram looking A-MAZE-ING, made me curious. I needed to see if they were worth all the buzz. Ladies, these leggings live up to all their hype!
What I love about my SPANX faux leather leggings:
Spanx Faux Leather Leggings are a wardrobe staple. And here’s why:
- Perfect thickness: The leggings are thin but not flimsy. They feel like a second skin.
- Comfortable: It feels like the leggings give my legs a snug hug without being too tight. They can be worn comfortably all day (and night!)
- Versatile: Spanx faux leather leggings are the perfect mix of a leather-like look without being too shiny. They come in a variety of colors too. Therefore, they can be styled so many ways—from everyday casual to dressy.
What I’m not wild about:
- Not many petite options: I’m hoping more styles become available in petite soon. I like the shorter legging length that the petite size offers since I’m only 5’3″. Petite sizing is not available for all faux leather legging styles yet.
- SPANX leggings in petite can’t be found everywhere. Department stores often have limited inventory. This is why I purchased my leggings online.
I admit–these aren’t the cheapest leggings in the world. They range from $98-$102 but in my opinion they are a fair price. They are made well, comfortable and you can wear them with so many outfits. Plus, they won’t be a splurge that you can only wear one time, nor will they sit in your closet. You will definitely get your money’s worth with these leggings!
Recommendations when buying:
- Check the size guide: the faux leather legging looked better on me in the petite size.
- Take note of the Care Instructions: The leggings come with care instructions for machine washing and how to dry them. I make sure to follow these specifics to keep my leggings looking as good as when I first got them.
- Be prepared to buy more than one pair: You know what they say about potato chips—something about betting you can’t eat just one? You are going to have a hard time purchasing ONLY ONE pair of leggings since they are all fabulous. I intended to only buy these, and ended up with these too!
Would I buy them again?
9 Ways to Wear SPANX faux leather leggings: (View the looks)
The good news? I like to wear a classic style and I tend to buy wardrobe staples. Therefore, the pieces I purchase last for years and are easily styled with new items I buy.
The bad news? The majority of the pieces seen below besides the leggings, are ones I already owned. So for items not still currently available, I linked something similar so you can still get a similar look.
- SPANX Leggings You Need to Level Up Your Look this Year
- The Best Fall Capsule Wardrobe for Moms: [Simple & Affordable]
These looks are styled with high heels, a sparkly clutch, and some statement necklaces. They turn a cashmere sweater, cold shoulder top, sleeveless tank, and wrap shirt into a dressy outfit when paired with the SPANX faux leather leggings.
When to Wear:
- Date night
- Girls Night Out
- Holiday Party
Faux leather leggings paired with some comfy slippers, fringe booties, cardigan or sweater are great combos for a pulled together look.
When to Wear:
- Shopping with Friends
- Weekend Brunch
- Book Club
When to Wear:
- Sporting events
- Running errands
- Grocery shopping
- Coffee shop
Do you own a pair of SPANX leggings? Or another SPANX item? What is your favorite piece?
Let me know if you have any questions about these leggings or about the looks styled above—I want you to love them as much as I do!
On a side note, my little ‘helpers’ saw me taking pics for this post, and wanted to be included. This ended up being my favorite pic of the entire post and I thought I’d share. Have a great week friends!
- 9 Insanely Fun Leggings You Need To Rock Your Workout
- Valentine Sweaters Too Sweet To Miss For Valentine’s Day
- 11 Ways For Moms To Have A Better Day
- Flying Alone With A Baby [Tips For Parents Taking Flight]
You May Also Like:
- When Parents Are Away: Info For the Caregiver [Free E-Workbook]
- Amazon Echo: “Alexa” The Best Friend Every Mom Needs
- An Open Letter To A Military Mom
- 6 Simple Tips To a Cleaner Home While Raising Toddlers