It’s been several years now since I purchased my SPANX Faux Leather Leggings.
They are one of my Fall & Winter wardrobe staples — they literally go with anything! You may find yourself asking how to wear faux leather leggings , or what to wear with faux leather leggings. Look no further — I’ve got you covered!
I’m going to show you how to style faux leather leggings . . . and while there are endless ways to wear them, I’m going to show you some great ways to start styling them today!
Figuring out how to style leather, or even faux leather leggings might seem intimidating. But these faux leather leggings don’t have to be reserved for a fancy night out on the town!
And besides styling the leggings 9 different ways, I’ve also included some SPANX faux leather legging FAQ’s at the end of this post where we talk sizing, style , cost and more!
To shop any of the outfits below, just click the affiliate links under each picture.
Let’s get started!
[Post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase I may be compensated.]
9 Ways to Wear SPANX faux leather leggings
#1: denim jacket
#2: Button down shirt
#4: Flannel shirt
#6: T-shirt (long-sleeved or short)
#8: Monochrome (casual or dressy)
SPANX Faux Leather Leggings FAQ’s
What Type of SPANX leggings should I buy?
I purchased a best seller, the classic faux leather leggings in black. Where better to start than a bestseller, right?! And I figured the classic black faux leather legging would pair with so much and I’d really get my use out of them. You can see all of their best selling leggings HERE.
What size faux leather leggings should I buy?
After reading the size guide and inseam length, I ordered them in small petite since I’m shorter and don’t like leggings bunching a lot at the bottom.
For reference, I’m 120 lbs, 5’3″ and usually wear a size 2/4 or size XS/Small depending on the brand. For me they fit true to size using their size guide and have been very comfortable.
**NOTE** Per the SPANX website, they state that some people have found the faux leather leggings to run on the small side. Therefore, I would recommend that if you are between sizes, to go up one size. I found this to be true since I can sometimes wear an XS or a S – and the small fit perfectly.
So make sure to check the size guide. The leggings size guide on the SPANX website gives you sizing guideline and I’ve found them to be accurate.
How much do SPANX Faux Leather Leggings Cost?
SPANX faux leather leggings are definitely an investment. I know they aren’t the cheapest leggings in the world, but I think they are worth it because they’re gonna last you a while.
They range from $98-$110, but they often go on sale during holidays and popular shopping events.
They’re usually majorly marked down during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and several other times throughout the year, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
They are made well, comfortable and you can wear them with so many outfits. Whether you pay full price or snag them on sale, you’ll definitely get your money’s worth with these leggings!
How do I wash my Spanx Faux Leather Leggings?
The leggings come with care instructions for machine washing and how to dry them. I make sure to follow these specifics to keep my leggings looking as good as when I first got them. And years later, they honestly still look brand new. The stitching and quality have held up great.
Why did I buy SPANX faux leather leggings and not a cheaper knock-off?
- You had me at high-waisted. After having 2 children, my post baby belly needs all the support it can get. While I workout regularly too, my SPANX pieces (high waisted leggings in particular) are one of my post baby body wardrobe secrets. High waisted leggings are a mom BFF!
- I’ve been a big fan of the SPANX brand even before I had kids. I already owned several pieces of SPANX shapewear and swimwear. Not to mention they have great customer service and the cutest packaging!
- Seeing pics of SPANX faux leather leggings all over Instagram looking A-MAZE-ING, made me curious. I needed to see if they were worth all the buzz. Ladies, these leggings live up to all their hype! And after owning them for years now, I can honestly say they’re a favorite.
What I love about my SPANX faux leather leggings:
Spanx Faux Leather Leggings are a wardrobe staple. And here’s why:
- Perfect thickness: The leggings are thin but not flimsy. They feel like a second skin.
- Comfortable: It feels like the leggings give my legs a snug hug without being too tight. They can be worn comfortably all day (and night!)
- Versatile: Spanx faux leather leggings are the perfect mix of a leather-like look without being too shiny. They come in a variety of colors too. Therefore, they can be styled so many ways—from everyday casual to dressy.
What I’m not wild about:
- Not all leggings have the petite sizing option, although many styles have become available in petite and tall sizes in recent years. I like the shorter legging length that the petite size offers since I’m only 5’3″. Petite sizes are available in all of these styles.
- SPANX leggings in petite can’t be found everywhere. Department stores often have limited inventory. This is why I purchased my leggings online.
Would I buy them again?
Check out the Faux Leather and Velvet Leggings in girls sizing too, if you’re looking to match your mini!
And don’t forget – you can try your leggings risk free since they offer free returns! That makes it so convenient when ordering online.
I hope you found it helpful seeing what and how to wear your faux leather leggings!
Which look is your favorite?!
Let me know if you have any questions!
XO – Meatball Mom
SHOP THE POST
PIN IT FOR LATER
- Recent Walmart Finds: Fashion & Decor
- 10 Practical Tips to an Organized Pantry
- Fall Home Decor Ideas from Amazon & Target
- 60+ Fall Decorating Ideas for the Home