It’s pumpkin spice season. . . I mean, the fall season. And with that brings shopping for all the fall things. I love fall fashion with all the cozy sweaters and leggings. And I love looking cute and stylish without spending a ton of money. It’s even better when you can mix and match the pieces in your wardrobe to save you both time and money when getting ready. That is why I’ve put together a simple and affordable fall capsule wardrobe for moms.
[post contains affiliate links; if you click-through and make a purchase, I may be compensated]
What is a Capsule Wardrobe?
A capsule wardrobe is a collection of usually color coordinated clothes and accessories which can be interchanged to keep a simpler wardrobe. It’s usually made up of classic pieces that will last for a while, and with which trendy or seasonal pieces can be added.
Benefits of a capsule wardrobe:
- Minimalism: Less items to clutter your closet
- Saves money: A capsule wardrobe saves you from constantly buying new clothes; and you get more use from the ones you have; trendy pieces can be added here and there instead of a whole new set of clothes
- Saves time getting dressed: All of your pieces mix and match, allowing versatility and saving you time coordinating your outfits.
See Related: The Most Amazing Cyber Monday Deals on Amazon
What should be in a capsule wardrobe:
- Basics: classic tops, bottoms, shoes, etc that will stay in style for a while
- Colors that go together: black and whites; neutrals, and a few pops of color that coordinate
- Invest in a few key items like outerwear or a good pair of leggings or jeans, and add more affordable pieces. The capsule wardrobe I created has two pairs of leggings and a pair of boots as the investment pieces. Then the rest of the wardrobe includes super affordable pieces.
How many clothes should be in a capsule wardrobe:
There’s no right or wrong answer.
Deciding how many items should be in a capsule wardrobe also depends on things like:
- Your budget
- Available space for storing your clothes
- A desire to have a more minimalist wardrobe or not
My advice is to start simple and add as needed.
I’ve seen most capsule wardrobes consist of around 30 pieces (give or take a few) depending whether shoes and accessories are included. Some people have capsule wardrobes with many more pieces but I think that defeats the purpose.
Capsule wardrobes are supposed to make things simpler. So I think sticking to around 30-35 pieces (or less), is the perfect amount.
Simple Fall Capsule Wardrobe for Moms
The following are key pieces perfect for moms to wear this fall. Look cute and feel comfortable from running kids to school or practice, to running errands and meeting for coffee. I’ve even got you covered if you have time to leave the kids and get out for a date night!
- Dressy blouse
- Short sleeve tee
- Long sleeve tee
- Patterned tee
- Solid button down
- Sweater or two
- Workout top
- Light jeans
- Dark jeans
- Workout leggings
- T- shirt dress
- Sweater dress
- Black dress
- Denim jacket
- Moto jacket
- Trench Coat
- Athletic shoe
- Fashion sneaker
- Stud earrings
- Tote bag
Trendy Fall Pieces to Pair with Your Capsule Wardrobe
Long cardigan sweater
Pom Pom beanie
Animal print dress
Which piece do you like best? Let me know in the comments!
PIN IT FOR LATER
- A DIY Halloween Costume Idea: Fluffy Chicken
- How to Make New Friends as a Stay-At-Home-Mom
- The Best Shows on Netflix for Moms to Binge Watch this Year
- 11 Ways for Moms to Have a Better Day
- The Best Thanksgiving Desserts to Top Off Your Feast
- 25+ Preschool Activities to Do at Home