Irish Candy Potatoes. Have you ever heard of them? Or had them before? I’m about to tell you all about this sweet St Patrick’s Day Food!
Contrary to the name, there are no potatoes involved in making them!
They are a bite sized sweet treat rolled in cinnamon & sugar.
I’m sharing the recipe with you below: no baking required, few ingredients and easy to make! I hope you enjoy!
[post contains affiliate links; if you click-through and make a purchase, I may be compensated.]
St Patrick’s day Food : Irish Candy Potatoes
These are a St. Patrick’s Day family tradition of mine and I’m sharing them with you today: Recipe makes about 70 bite sized balls; you can halve the recipe if you want to make a smaller amount.
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 (8oz) block of cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of butter softened
- Pinch of salt
- Shredded coconut to taste
- Cinnamon & sugar
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together in a mixer or with a hand mixer.
- Mix in salt and shredded coconut to taste
- Mix in powdered sugar
- Knead mixture for a few minutes to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Pinch off bite sized pieces and roll into a ball.
- Roll candy balls in a bowl with a mixture of cinnamon & sugar mixed together.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
I store them in the fridge in food storage containers — and serving them on this shamrock plate is fun and festive!
This Irish Treat is the perfect St Patrick’s Day food for yourself, a party, or to give away! Making them can also be a fun activity with kids or with friends & family!
SHOP THE POST
Green St. Patrick’s Day Outfits to Wear all Season
St. Patrick’s Day Decor from Amazon
16 Fresh Spring & Easter Decorations from Amazon
Leave a Reply