This One Pot Chicken Chili Dinner Idea is a Dinner Trifecta. It checks all the important boxes of a great meal busy moms can serve their families:
Sometimes it’s easy to get one or even two of those boxes checked, but having two young toddlers to please, makes checking that third box the trickiest. This ‘winner’ of a chicken dinner idea will leave you feeling satisfied—not just from the delicious chili, but also from knowing you fed your kids a nutritious meal. It’s a tasty way of packing lots of veggies and nutrition into one meal. Because of this, it’s a meal on repeat in our house.
This chicken chili is great for leftovers and keeps well in the fridge or freezer. Sometimes I make double batch and freeze half. I even do this with a single batch if I don’t want leftovers too many nights in a row.
[Post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase I may receive a small commision at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.]
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make the Chicken Chili:
- Large Pot
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Red Onion (or you can use yellow or vidalia onion)
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Fresh Ground Chicken (ground turkey is ok too)
- 1 (28 oz) Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) Can of Corn
- 1 (15 oz) Low Sodium Black Beans
- 1 Bell Pepper (I usually pick orange but any color will work)
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Sour cream or plain greek yogurt (optional)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
What Pairs Nicely with your Chicken Chili:
- White wine
Related Post: Best Baked Salmon Recipe [Easy & Delicious]
FREE PRINTABLE–CLICK THE PIC TO PRINT!
How to Make the Chicken Chili:
1. Pour 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Dice the onion and bell pepper and place in the pot. Season with salt & pepper. Depending on stove type and veggie size, saute around 3-5 mins until onions are translucent and pepper starts to soften.
2. Add the ground chicken, season with a little more salt & pepper, and stir until chicken is fully cooked.
3. Add packet of taco seasoning and stir until seasoning is fully and evenly distributed.
4. Add the tomatoes, corn (drained), and beans (drained). Stir until mixture boils, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
5. Let chili simmer (covered) until you are ready to eat; or until you’re ready to cool and store/freeze.
6. Spoon into bowls and garnish with sour cream (or greek yogurt), parsley, shredded cheese or topping of your choice–and enjoy!